Sunday 6 April 2014

Presenting... Gabriel Blake: Blind Detective

Well, having spent the last couple of months planning, plotting, typing and deleting, I've finally put pencil to paper once more to start drawing the first instalment of a new crime series. A little different in flavour to some of my previous work, this series takes place in present day London, a setting I have wanted to use as I bleedin' well live here don't I; not that that's stopped me using google image search for pictures of buildings on my doorstep. Hmmm.

I'll be posting more details as things take shape, but expect murder most artistic (and horrid), Jewish mysticism, psychosis, talking Mynah birds, jaunts around the capital and luxury menswear (I've never drawn 'smart' present day clothes before). 

Don't be surprised to also hear a stack of vision related platitudes such as,  Blake: See no Evil, Blake: Justice is Blind etc... Glad I got those out of my system.

I should point out that work on Metal Between Two Faces is ongoing. Having spent a couple of months writing scenarios, there are many areas I am eager to explore with the title and very excited about drawing various scenes! However, releasing 30 page instalments once a year is I'm convinced, not the way to go with this particular story. I'm considering formats - something a little more animated/interactive is not out of the question.








No comments:

Post a Comment